Skip to content

Pesto FAIL

April 29, 2009

Bah, I tried my hand at making pesto tonight, trying to get rid of my unwieldy basil plant that’s been growing out of control all winter.  But I really only had about a cup (packed) of leaves, so I thought I’d make just enough for a snack.  Or something.

So I started chopping up some walnuts (not pine nuts) and garlic.

Walnuts and garlic

Walnuts and garlic

Added the pesto leaves.

Insert basil here

Insert basil here

Poured in some EVOO.

EVOO added

EVOO added

Then I started to go very wrong.  The amount of parmesan cheese my recipe called for seemed to be way too much. So I only added about half.  Then, when I tasted it, it was too parmesan-y.  So I added some fresh black pepper.  Then a little more.  And a little more.  And then it was too peppery.

The finished product

The finished product

So, all in all, eh.  But it was all my fault.

Advertisements
No comments yet

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s